Monday, July 20, 2026

Finding Love in a Multiverse









Salvation. Abomination.
Curse. Purpose.
Forever
entangled.
 
I am the son
pushing my way
through you,
I am the twin,
envy and labors
of the same harvest.
I am the lover
desiring you
under every skin and nail,
I am the stranger
sitting across the room,
locking eyes with you,
I am your archnemesis
destroying you,
eating every piece of you,
in one version
I am even god,
your god, your own personal god.
 
If I leave everything to chance
or if I steadfastly pursue you,
in one world
I sneak my hand behind you,
pull you towards me
in a packed elevator,
in another,
we breathe each other in
as we brush by
at a traffic signal in the morning rush,
whichever door I open,
under whatever sun
or the shine
of chandeliers and wine glasses,
we find each other.

We are
the warmth of the same fire,
we are
the sweat of the same passion,
we are
each other’s poison.

No comments: